How to Invoice for Your Gigs
Many of your contracts will show a Nett Fee. This is because of the diverse range of services that Pushworth provides to its many customers.
Invoice for the Nett Fee.
(Click above to download a sample invoice)
Keeping Track of Your Own Accounts
- Save Your Contracts in Google Drive
- Install Google Drive on your Phone so you can access at your Gigs
- Set up Google Sheets to track your Contracts, Invoices and Remittances
- Install Google Sheets on your Phone so you can track anywhere
- Add Contracts to Google Calendar
- Install Google Calendar on your Phone so you can access at your Gigs.
- Match your Tax Invoice to Each Contract
- Account Reconciliation – Order a Statement each Year
Understanding Your Statement
- 22/05/2020 Remittance by EFT 1286534 Your Bill(s) 161 less our Invoice TR100059573 740 0
- This is what you will be paid. It notes the Bill Number (the number on your invoice) and will note the Invoice number that has been deducted.
- 18/05/2020 Pushworth Fee TR100059573 Artist Name/Venue Name 27/04/2012 100 10-
- When you collect your payment directly from the Customer, the invoice for the Pushworth Fee shows like this.
- 21/05/2020 Bill Rec – No Funds 162 Artist Name/Venue Name 01/05/2012 -900 0
- You have sent in your tax Invoice and it has been allocated to your ledger however the Venue hasn’t paid us yet
- 21/05/2020 Bill Rec – Funds (NC) 163 Artist Name/Venue Name 12/05/2012 -850 0
- You have sent in your tax Invoice and it has been allocated to your ledger and the Venue has just paid however your funds have not yet cleared.
- 21/05/2020 Bill Payment 161 Artist Name/Venue Name 28/04/2012 -850
- It will show Bill Payment when you have sent us your invoice and the funds have been paid to you.
Understanding Your Remittance
Remittance by EFT 1286534 Your Bill(s) 161 less our Invoice TR100059573
- Remittance by EFT 1286534 – this is the Bank Payment Number
- Your Bill(s) 161 – this is your invoice number – showing what you are paid
- Less our Invoice TR100059573 – this is the invoice that has been deducted from your Invoice
When an Invoice is paid to you, our system will automatically deduct all invoices that are in your ledger.
- Invoices for Booking Fees where you have collected directly
- Additional Pushworth services will be deducted automatically and will be listed on your Remittance.
- In the event that the deduction is larger than the total amount of the invoice being paid you will be sent a NO REMIT remittance showing the details of the payment and deduction.
- In the event that the deduction is paid over several Invoices, then the Invoice number for the deduction will not show until the final remittance where it is paid in full.
Our Weekly Invoice Process
Every Sunday/Monday our accounts department issues invoices to Venues for the previous Entertainment week. These invoices are emailed to the Venue Manager for approval. All payment terms are 7 Days Net.
When We Process Payments
Each day we check our Bank Deposits and Cheques received in the mail. We allocate the payment against the invoice that the Venue is paying by referring to the Venue Remittance. Once paid, processed and cleared, these funds are ready to be disbursed to the Bank Account nominated by the Artist in their Registration.
What Happens When a Venue Doesn’t Pay in 7 Days?
Each week, our Accounts Department contacts every Venue that has not paid their invoice in 7 Days. They receive an email with another copy of the invoice. We call the Accounts Department directly to remind them to pay the invoice.
For Hospitality Chains, we communicate directly with Head Office to track the pending payments. We continue this collection process until the invoice is paid in full. Every communication we make is also notified to the Venue Booker so that they are always aware of the Collection Status for each one of their Venues.
What if the Remittance Amount is incorrect?
- Start with your Contract.
- Check that the amount on the contract matches what you agreed with your booker.
- Check that the BOOKING FEE on the contract matches what you agreed with your booker.
- Contact your booker directly to discuss via email noting all the specifics of your enquiry so that they may follow up and assist you ASAP.
Changing GST Status
Your GST Registration Status is your business. At registration you will notify Pushworth of your GST status. This is added to your Database file in our booking system. This GST status will therefore be calculated with every contract automatically. It is your responsibility to notify your booker IN WRITING once you change your GST status. Once this notice is received in writing we will update our system. Any contracts in the system that have been executed but not paid cannot be changed. Any contracts in the system that have NOT been executed will be cancelled and reissued with the new GST status once the venune approves the change. Remember that when you change your GST status, this will affect the price and therefore the venue budget. There may be times when a venue may not approve a change or may simply choose to cancel your gig and select another artist. Your booker will let you know.
Changing Bank Accounts
At registration you will notify Pushworth of your BSB and Bank Account details. This is added to your Database file in our booking system. These details will show on your Remittance. It is your responsibility to notify your booker IN WRITING once you change your BSB and Bank Account. Simply noting them on an invoice will not suffice. We will ONLY take action once this notice is received in writing to update our system.
Pushworth has a Zero Tolerance Policy in place when it comes to bullying. There will be times when you may feel frustrated. In these times, please start your research with your contract. If you do not understand it or have questions, ask your booker. As explained, Accounts are the end result of contracts added into our system by the Booker. Problems with amounts will ALWAYS be dealt with by your Booker. Our Administration staff do not have the ability to alter any contracts that have been added into our system by each booker. So we ask that you please communicate with them in a professional manner with all your questions. Our objective is your objective and that is to get you paid by the venue as quickly as possible. We are all working towards the same goal. So please ensure that all communication with our team is conducted professionally. Emails falling outside of a professional standard will be automatically removed by our system.
Changing Contact Details
At registration you will notify Pushworth of the contact details for the person responsible for taking bookings and the person responsible for managing the accounts. This is added to your Database file in our booking system. We will never discuss details of your finances over the phone to preserve your financial integrity. We will never communicate about your accounts with anyone OTHER than your nominated accounts person. It is your responsibility to notify your booker IN WRITING once you change your contact details (Mobile Phone, Address, Email Address) to ensure that your audit trail remains intact. In the event of changing the person responsible for managing your accounts we will need you to submit another registration form with their signature. We take the communication of information about your finances very seriously and as such will never discuss these matters over the phone.
Speaking To Our Accounts Person
- You will not be able to speak with our Accounts Person. Our Accounts department is conducted off premises.
- Accounts are the end result of contracts added into our system by the Booker. Problems with amounts will be dealt with by your Booker.
- All communication about your finances MUST be done in writing to preserve your financial integrity. We are governed by privacy laws and will never discuss your accounts over the phone. Why? Band members fight, couples divorce – things happen. We conduct all communication in writing to ensure that the correct information is given to the correct person and also to maintain an audit trail for all parties.
- If you send us an email asking when a certain invoice will be paid then we will not be able to respond with any specific information. Why? It is impossible for us to predict which invoice will be paid to you by the venue. Obviously that is outside of our control.
- When you send your email enquiry please be specific about the information that you need. We will always respond when we have information to provide for you.
- Once payments are received, processed and cleared, they are deposited into your bank account. So what you will ALWAYS receive from us is your Remittance.
How to Email Your Enquiry
- Email to: Accounts@pushworth.com
- Attach a copy of the Invoice You Are Chasing
- Note present BSB and Bank Account Number
- Note the specifics of the enquiry – Invoice Number, Fee Deduction, Remittance Number